"PALSAR 25/50m Mosaic" and "Forest Classification"
We are pleased to inform you that JAXA Earth Observation Research Center (EORC) is organizing the bi or tri annual training courses to increase the utilization of PALSAR and PALSAR-2 data for various application fields.
JAXA, has freely distributed the 4 year-25m spacing global PALSAR mosaics, that ALOS/PALSAR collected globally from 2007 to 2010 using the accurate SAR processing.
To encourage the utilization of the PALSAR mosaic data, JAXA/EORC has a Training Course for PALSAR Data Analysis, including the free software distribution.
5th Training Course is planned as follows:
- 1) Venue : Kaderu2.7 Room 730 in Sapporo city, Hokkaido
- http://homepage.kaderu27.or.jp/ (in Japanese)
- Domin katsudo Center Bldg. Kita 2 Nishi 7, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 060-0002
- 2) Date : March 25 (Wed.), 26(Thu), 2015
- 3) Topics :
- Introduction and hands-on training on application of 25m PALSAR/PALSAR-2 mosaic dataset, global forest/non-forest map, forest classification, and/or other applications.
- >>Agenda (PDF file, 140KB)
- 4) What to Bring : Laptop* with analysis software installed
- * Laptop with Windows7 (64bit), memory over 4GB recommended
- 5) Preparation of the processing environment :
- Please download the PALSAR training package (JAXA Let's SAR) below and prepare the processing environment beforehand
- >> http://www.eorc.jaxa.jp/ALOS-2/en/doc/pal2_tool.htm
Please register using following e-mail address and enter your name/affiliation/contact in e-mail.
- E-mail :
- Deadline : March 6 (Fri.), 2015
- ∗ This training course room has a 50 person limit. The first 50 registrants will be accepted.
- ∗ This training course is free of charge
We are waiting for your attendance.
- Masanobu Shimada, ALOS science program
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency/Earth Observation Research Center
- The training course is supported by the Japan Forest Society.