1. Proposal Coversheet
1.1 Information of Applicant (Form 1a)
- Identifying information of principal applicant: Legal name, official title, organization, address, country, phone number, facsimile number, and E-mail address
- Co-applicant information: Name, organization, and E-mail of each co-applicant
- Biographical Information, experience and papers in related fields of principal applicant
- Signature of principal applicant
1.2 Information of Proposal Contents (Form 1b)
- Research Category (Calibration and Validation, Utilization Research, or Scientific Research)
- Research Title : A brief and valid project title
- Main Sensor (PRISM, AVNIR-2, PALSAR, or none)
- Supplemental Sensor (PRISM, AVNIR-2, PALSAR, or none)
- Data Requirement (Required, not Required, the minimum and maximum number of required scenes)
- Abstract: (200 - 300 words) Objective, significance in the research field, method, result, and schedule
2. Detailed Description of Proposal (Up to five pages)
The main body of the proposal should be a detailed statement of the work to be undertaken and should include objectives and expected significance in relation to knowledge of the art in the field and to related work in progress elsewhere. The statement should outline the plan of work, including the broad design of experiments to be undertaken and a description of experimental methods and procedures. The project should be described in terms of the following items.
- Table of contents
- Significance in the research field
- Algorithm to be used
- Anticipated results
- Kind of truth data and the acquisition plan (Area, Product level, Volume, Term, Season, etc.)
- Product Utilization Plan (Product level, Volume, Term, Season, etc.)
3. Work Plan (Research Schedule) (Form 2)
Provide the research schedule in Form 2. Include descriptions of the major activities of the research and associated schedules. This schedule should be planned between three years and five years.
4. Details of Data Requirements
4.1 NASDA-Owned Satellite Datasets (Form 3a)
To request the following satellite datasets, complete Form 3a.
- NASDA has the authority to provide datasets received from:
- Marine Observation Satellite (MOS) (global)
- Japanese Earth Resources Satellite (JERS) (global)
- Advanced Earth Observing Satellite (ADEOS) (global)
- Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) (global)
- European Remote-sensing Satellite (ERS) (only around Japan) *
- LANDSAT (only around Japan) *
- SPOT (only around Japan) *
- Radar Satellite (RADARSAT) (only around Japan) *
- Indian Remote Sensing Satellite (IRS) (only around Japan) *
* Data from foreign satellites are limited to the area received at the ground station in Japan, as described the following figure. The red area indicates the visible circle considering the skyline at the ground station. NASDA can receive data inside this circle that shows minimum and maximum latitude and longitude. If the antenna angle is changed, the circle may be extended somewhat.
You cannot order the data, but can search for the browse data via internet if you access the following address. NASDA recommends that you search for the data of requested area in advance.
- MOS, JERS, ADEOS, TRMM, ERS, SPOT, LANDSAT data search
- RADARSAT data search**
- IRS data search***
** *** The searching function for the browse data is a Japanese version.
4.2 Observation Requests for ALOS (Form 3b)
Complete Form 3b to request observation by ALOS after ALOS launch. These requests will be accepted within resource limitations in this RA if the applicants are selected as PIs and their research is permitted to be continued by interim evaluation.
A short biographical sketch of the principal applicant, a list of principal publications, and any exceptional qualifications should be included. Provide similar biographical information on the co-applicants as well.
6. Data processing and analysis equipment
Please describe available facilities and major items of equipment especially adapted or suited to the proposed research project, and any additional major equipment that will be purchased by applicants. Please state whether you have institutional support from your organization for implementing your proposal.