4th Training Course for PALSAR Data Analysis: "PALSAR 25/50m Mosaic" and "Forest Classification"
We are pleased to inform you that JAXA Earth Observation Research Center (EORC) is organizing the bi or tri annual training courses to increase the utilization of PALSAR and PALSAR-2 data for various application fields.
4th Training Course is planned as follows:
- Venue : Conference room at Rakuyu Kaikan (Annex) 2F (Kyoto University, Yoshida-South Campus)
- Yoshida Nihonmatsu-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501
- Date : November 4 (Tuesday) and 5 (Wednesday), 2014
- Topics :
- Introduction and hands-on training on application of 25/50m PALSAR mosaic dataset, global forest/non-forest map, forest classification.
- >>Agenda (PDF file, 185KB)
- What to Bring : Laptop* with analysis software installed
- * Laptop with Windows7 (64bit), memory over 4GB recommended
- Preparation of the processing environment :
- Please download the PALSAR training package below and prepare the processing environment beforehand. Detail information of how and what to prepare are shown the PDF file "Preparation of processing environment".
- >>Preparation of processing environment (PDF file, 53KB)
- >>PALSAR Training.zip (ZIP Compress, 294MB)
Please register using following e-mail address and enter your name/affiliation/contact in e-mail.
- E-mail :
- Deadline : October 17 (Friday), 2014
- ∗ This training course room has a 50 person limit. The first 50 registrants will be accepted.
- Masanobu Shimada, ALOS science program
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency/Earth Observation Research Center