1st Training Course and Workshop for PALSAR Data Analysis: "Forest Classification"
We are pleased to inform you that JAXA Earth Observation Research Center (EORC) is organizing the bi or tri annual training courses to increase the utilization of PALSAR and PALSAR-2 data for various application fields. The topic of the 1st training course is "forest classification". A small workshop is also planned with the training course to share experiences and knowledge about the use of satellite data and discuss future challenges.
- Venue : Seminar Room at Remote Sensing Technology Center of Japan
- TOKYU REIT Toranomon Bldg. 2F
3-17-1 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0001, Japan
- Date : November 28 (Thursday) and 29 (Friday), 2013
- Subject :
- Day 1: Training course about forest classification, detection of deforestation using Windows PC and JAXA software with PALSAR data.
- Day 2: Workshop and discussion about remote sensing for forest research. (Invite the 20minutes presentation to discuss)
Please register using following e-mail address and enter your name/affiliation/contact in e-mail.
- E-mail :
- * If you have presentation for day 2, please inform us your title of presentation.
- Deadline : November 8, 2013
- Masanobu Shimada, ALOS science program
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency/Earth Observation Research Center