Sea Surface Temperature (Standard Product)
|Product Name||Sea Surface Temperature|
|Product Type||Standard Product|
|Processing Level||L2 (Swath data *2) and L3 (Grid data: EQR)|
|Spec. *1||Area||Global over ocean|
|Spatial Resolution||approx. 50 km|
|Accuracy Requirement||±0.5 ℃ *3|
|Range||-2 〜 35 ℃|
|Latest Version||AMSR2: ver. 4.1
|Product Period||AMSR2: July 2012 〜
AMSR-E: July 2002 〜 October 2011
|Data Download||Globe Portal System (G-Portal)|
|Data Format||HDF5 AMSR2 Higher Level Format
AMSR2: (1) 6GHz SST [℃], (2) 10GHz SST [℃], (3) Multi-band SST [℃] *4
AMSR-E: (1) 6GHz SST [℃], (2) 10GHz SST [℃] *5
|Data Quality Flag||
L2 SST Quality Flag
|Algorithm Version||v4.1 (Algorithm Description,
4.8MB PDF page 39)
Update of AMSR2 SST, 10GHz and Multiband SST to Ver4.1
- The specifications are defined in the AMSR2 Mission Requirement. The required accuracy is the standard accuracy of standard product defined in the mission requirement.
- Swath data is a format in which data for each footprint is stored in a two-dimensional array (observation points in scanning direction x number of scanning lines) in order of observation time.
- Except sea ice and precipitating areas. Goal accuracy is defined as monthly mean bias error in 10 degrees latitudes.
- The second and third layers of the AMSR2 standard product "6GHz SST" contain the research products "10GHz SST" (ver. 2.1 or later) and "Multi-band SST" (ver. 4.0 or later).
- The second layer of the AMSR-E standard product "6GHz SST" contain the research products "10GHz SST" (ver. 2.0 or later).