ALOS Ortho Rectified Image Product
The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) releases the ALOS Ortho Rectified Image Product (ALOS-ORI) free of charge and open to the public. This consists of the AVNIR-2 ORI product with approx.10-meter mesh in horizontal resolution. The dataset has been compiled with images acquired by the Advanced Land Observing Satellite "DAICHI" (ALOS) operated during the period from 2006 to 2011.
2. ALOS ORI Product
The orthorectification is the process of removing image distortions caused by the sensor
and terrain to create a planimetric image at every location with consistent scale across
all parts of the image. This allows to overlay various geospatial information with the ORI
on any map.
ALOS/AVNIR-2 ORI Product
The AVNIR-2 ORI product was created from AVNIR-2 1B1 data
after stereo matching with reference to the PRISM ORI.
We use AW3D30 DSM data,
which is created by PRISM triplet image,
for the orthorectification processing.
Partly, if AW3D30 is missing,
we use SRTM (The Shuttle Radar Topography Mission) DSM data.
Sensor: ALOS /AVNIR-2
Period: 2006 - 2011
Cloud Cover: 30% and less
Resolution: approx. 10m mesh
|File Composition:|| Zip compressed file including data and header files.
|Document:||Format Description Ver.2 (PDF, 261Kb)|
You can search the AVNIR-2 ORI product and download the data files.
To download the data files, you are kindly requested to make your account in the ALOS-ORI homepage.
Product Search & Download
Please click a pin on the map shown above to display the scene ID list ordered by observation date. The catalog information page will be open when click the scene ID. Please click [View all] to see the catalog information list of all the scenes.
Each pin on the map is a group of scenes with the same orbital pass number, frame number, scene shift and pointing angle.
- Press the button on the upper left of the map to switch to the full screen mode.
- After product search, please press the [Reload] button at the top right of the map to return the map screen to its initial state.
Please fill the form in the following URL and send it. Especially please check your email address again.
- The notification of registration completion will be sent to your email address. Please access to the URL described in the email and then your account will be activated.
- After the account activation, we will send your account information to your email address.
When there is any change in your registration information, please update it at the following URL;
After completing the update, your account password will be reissued.
* If you forget your password, please register again.
* Recommend to use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari.
* Depending on the time, it may take time to display the page or download the dataset.
This dataset is available to use with no charge under the "Terms for Use".
ALOS Science Project
Earth Observation Research Center (EORC)
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
6. Release History
- March 2018: AVNIR-2 ORI (the Japanese island) Release
- June 2020: AVNIR-2 ORI (the Japanese island) filename and format description were updated