The purpose of Space Applications for Environment (SAFE) is to contribute to the solution to various environmental problems with space technology. Asia-pacific region has various environmental problems such as climate change and rapid industrial development with economic growth. The use of space technology (especially satellite data) enables wide and long term monitoring of environmental change, which leads to the lower risk of environmental change and the solution of environmental problems.Detail
No upcoming events
News & Events
- Mar. 24, 2017 Announcement: APRSAF/SAFE-ESCAP Meeting, Bangkok, Thailand, May 2017
- Mar. 24, 2017 Report of the Stakeholder Meeting in Malaysia, March 8, 2017
- Mar. 8, 2017 Revision of SAFE Terms of Reference.
- Nov. 30, 2016 Report of the SAFE Workshop in APRSAF-23.
- Oct. 14, 2016 Open the Call for Proposals for SAFE Prototyping (APRSAF-23).
- Jun. 22, 2016 Report of the Kick-off Meeting in Indonesia, June 1, 2016.
- Jun. 17, 2016 Report of the SAFE Mini-Workshop Jakarta, Indonesia, June 2016.
- May 2, 2016 Announcement: SAFE Mini-Workshop Jakarta, Indonesia, June 2016.
- Apr. 22, 2016 SAFE portal site was renewal.
- Dec. 21, 2015 Report of the Stakeholder meeting in Indonesia, November 11, 2015
- Dec. 14, 2015 Report of the Stakeholder meeting in Vietnam, November 16, 2015
- Dec. 11, 2015 Report of the SAFE Workshop in APRSAF-22
- Nov. 13, 2015 Report of the Stakeholder meeting in Vietnam, November 2, 2015
- Oct. 8, 2015 Open the Call for Proposals for SAFE Prototyping.
SAFE prototyping is a trial to apply space technology applications for solving environmental issues in Asia-Pacific region. By utilizing space technology and getting technical support by experts, prototype executers can construct the system which supports decision making activities.Detail