TANSO-FTS Blackbody Temperature
Temperature monitored by 3 platinum sensors mounted on the back of the blackbody.
Past images2009| 2010| 2011| 2012| 2013| 2014| 2015| 2016| 2017| 2018
TANSO-FTS Thermal environment in orbit
- Optical bench is well temperature controlled at 23 degrees C
- Optical components is slightly colder than the bench.
- Blackbody is much colder than optical components.
- Year-to-year change is very small.
- Seasonal variation is larger than orbital-phase variation
Almost all optical components have cyclic temperature variations in both orbit and season. Orbital phase and amplitude are different because of thermal mass. Limited number of temperature telemetries are included in Level 1B (BB, BS wall, detector). Other telemetries are stored in satellite operation records. BB temperature, which is mounted on the wall (not the bench), has larger amplitude.
Calibration error comes from difference between BB temp and environment and radiation from the pointing mirror surface.