We are pleased to inform you about the Training course for PALSAR-2/PALSAR data analysis. To encourage the utilization of the PALSAR-2/PALSAR mosaic data, Earth Observation Research Center (EORC) will hold the Training Course for PALSAR-2/PALSAR Data Analysis.
In addition to the 25m resolution PALSAR mosaic data, PALSAR-2 (launched in May, 2014) mosaic data will also be used in the training.
Training Course is planned as follows:
- 1) Venue : Conference Room at Remote Sensing Technology Center of Japan
- TOKYU REIT Toranomon Bldg. 2F
3-17-1 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0001, Japan
- 2) Date : 10:00-17:00 February 15 (Monday), 2016
- 3) Topics :
- Introduction and hands-on training on application of 25m PALSAR-2/PALSAR mosaic dataset, global forest/non-forest map, and forest change detection.
- >>Agenda (PDF file, 86KB)
- 4) What to Bring : Laptop* with analysis software installed
- * Laptop with Windows7/8 (64bit), memory over 4GB recommended
- 5) Preparation of the processing environment :
- Please download the PALSAR training package (JAXA Let's SAR) below and prepare the processing environment beforehand
- >> http://www.eorc.jaxa.jp/ALOS-2/en/doc/pal2_tool.htm
Please register using following e-mail address and enter your name/affiliation/contact in e-mail.
- E-mail :
- Deadline : February 1st (Mon), 2016
- ∗ This training course room has a 40 person limit.
- ∗ This training course is free of charge.
- ∗ Training course will be held in English or Japanese.
We are waiting for your attendance.
- ALOS science program
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency/Earth Observation Research Center